Psoriasis is a common, chronic immune-mediated skin disease affecting approximately 15 million patients which are 3% of the world’s population
The disease affects various body areas and causes extensive physical and mental damage. About 75% of patients are classified as mild to moderate state and the remaining 25% moderate to severe.
Around 90% of the mild to moderate psoriasis patients are treated with topical agents (ointments) and phototherapy
Most severe psoriasis patients are treated with systemic drugs. Topical market potential is estimated at a $1B per year
Today’s treatments for psoriasis are insufficient. Physicians and patients are forced to choose between the effective steroidal treatment which has side effects and is time restricted; and the safer long term treatment which is far less effective.
There is an unmet need for a new effective, yet safer, topical treatment
Multiple after effects
Approved for short-term use only